SANTA ROSA, Calif., April 28, 2023 – (PR.com) – As temperatures start to drop, our homes get colder and we all want the comfort of a hot shower. Properly maintaining and repairing water heaters is essential to ensure that hot water remains available in our homes. Curoso Plumbing offers a few tips for those looking to repair or replace their water heater.
– Check the temperature. – If your water heater is not producing enough hot water, you should check the thermostat setting on the unit itself. If it’s already set to the highest level, you may need a new one.
– Check for leaks – Leaks can be a sign of corrosion in your tank. Corrosion can cause cracks and reduce efficiency, leading to higher energy bills over time. Visually inspect your tank for signs of rust or discoloration, and listen for any unusual noises, such as hissing or bubbling, coming from inside the tank.
– Check age – The average lifespan of a water heater is 8-12 years. If your water heater is older, it may be time for a new one.
– Test the Pressure Relief Valve – If your water heater is having temperature issues, you can test its pressure relief valve. This should be done annually to ensure it is working properly. If it doesn’t shed water or sheds water weakly, you may need to replace it.
– Get Professional Help – If you’re unsure of the steps to take or don’t feel comfortable diagnosing and repairing your water heater yourself, it’s best to consult a professional.
About Curoso Sanitary
Curoso Plumbing can help you determine if a repair or replacement is required and offer comprehensive services for both. You are skilled at it
Santa Rosa, CA water heater installations and several other plumbing jobs. Contact their team for more information.