3 GBS High School staff members hospitalized amid plumbing issue; fire department gives all-clear, District 225 officials say

0
131

Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 5:55 p.m

GLENVIEW, IL (WLS) – Three staff members at a secondary school in a northern suburb were hospitalized after an odor was detected on pipes in science classrooms on Tuesday morning, officials said.

Officials said fire engines and ambulances traveled to Glenbrook High School District 225 to test air quality in the science rooms. While the fire department was investigating, students and staff from adjacent classrooms were moved to another part of the building.

Officials said hospital staff members were closely involved in the situation and were staying in an area where students were not allowed to enter.

Officials said firefighters have given staff and students the all-clear to return to classrooms. All students are safe.

The school said its staff will continue to investigate an issue with the plumbing in the building.

Copyright © 2023 WLS-TV. All rights reserved.

abc7chicago.com

https://abc7chicago.com/gbs-high-school-glenbrook-south-glenview-il-district-225/13255575/