Hello everyone. I’m back in your inbox this morning to guide you through everything you need to know about what’s happening in Reno these days.
But first today’s weather:
Cloudy, short showers; cool. High: 50 Low: 36.
📢 Seeking Business Owners and Marketers in Reno who want to create awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know about. If this is you, then I invite you to find out more and secure your place now.
Here are the top three stories in Reno today:
- The Nevada Transportation Board of Directors announced yesterday (March 13) state transportation contracts that are expected to create 1,837 jobs for a year. The aim is to ensure a safe and networked transport system in Nevada. Traffic improvements include resurfacing and rehabilitation of two and a half miles of I-580 from Peckham Lane to Mill Street in Reno. (Nevada Point)
- Leading water damage restoration company, Commercial Water Damage Nevada, has announced the opening of its new location in Reno. The new location will provide residents and business owners in the Reno area with expert flood-damaged property restoration services. Expert services offered include water extraction, drying, cleaning, repair and mold remediation. (digital journal)
- According to the National Weather Service, another atmospheric flow is about to hit Reno and northern Nevada. The heaviest rain will start in Reno early this morning and continue through Wednesday, with about a half inch of rain expected. The storm will be warm, with temperatures in the low 50s. (Reno Gazette Journal)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Reno Patch Newsletter is partially provided by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to shine a light on its best-ever network, bringing LTE to 99% of the people of America, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Reno patch newsletter possible.
Today in Reno:
- Reno Downtowners Toastmasters group meeting at Round Table Pizza (12:15 p.m.)
- Board of Trustees meeting at Washoe County School (2:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- The University of Nevada, Wolfpack basketball team has been selected to compete in this year’s NCAA tournament. They will face Arizona State in the First Four on Wednesday, March 15 in Dayton, Ohio. (University of Nevada, Reno via Instagram)
- Have you recently adopted a furry friend from the Nevada Humane Society? Your team loves to see how former shelter graduates are doing, so make sure you share the most adorable photos you have of your new pet. (Nevada Humane Society via Facebook)
- This month, the Reno Police Department is hosting their run with a recruiter event on Saturday, March 18th at the Reed High Track. If you’re interested in applying to the force, this is a great way to see if you’re ready to take the test. The event starts at 9:30 am. (Reno Police Department)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Miranda Fraraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio is a staff writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners. She is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island, where she earned degrees in Writing & Rhetoric and Communication Studies. In her free time, she can be found travelling, drinking tea or practicing film photography.